Monday, November 10, 2008

I found the "School Inclusion and Multicultural Issues in Special Education" article to be quite informative. I am completely against the law that was passed by Congress back in 1975. I find it hard to believe that they actually dismiss children with disabilities who were not performing with the rest of the students who are similar in age. This seems unfair when you dismiss them what do you leave them with? Many families cannot afford private schools and do not have time to teach their kids(home school) because they are busy working. I am very thankful that the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act) changed everything significantly. It just seems unfair to leave a child behind these days because without an education it is almost impossible to succeed in today's society. I feel without the IDEA I could have been affected and left behind so this was a great decision and I am glad people rethought this idea because it affects many people throughout our country each year.

No comments: